Using the internet and electronic communication is essential for communicating with members. PRIMAL Ultimate Club Inc is committed to communication being appropriate and related to Club business.
When using technology we will ensure that members’ privacy is protected, clear boundaries are maintained and bullying and harassment does not occur.
• Information on competitions, social events, committees, policies, constitution, rules and by-laws will be placed on our website.
• No offensive content or photos will be uploaded to our website, especially about social activities and events
• Permission will be sought from parents to upload photos of their children and care will be taken to not to provide information that identifies them.
• A Club representative will be appointed to provide accountability and control over what goes onto the Club website and social media portals
Social Media Portals
Facebook, Twitter and You Tube
• Postings and uploads of videos will feature positive Club and team news, events and performances
• Personal information about members will not be disclosed
• No statements will be made that are misleading, false or likely to injure the reputation of another person
• No statements will be made that might bring the Club into disrepute
• Members and users will not engage in negative or destructive discussions or postings
• Abusive, harassing, discriminatory or offensive statements will be not be posted by members
• Destructive or abusive members and users will be deleted and blocked from engaging our site and social media portals
SMS and Email Communication
Representatives of the Club may use SMS and email to communicate Club business however:
• Text communication (SMS) should be short and about Club matters
• Email communication such as the official mailing list is used for longer communication relevant to Club matters
• Communication about children (under 18) is made through their parents
All members are expected to use the internet and electronic communication appropriately, guided by the premise “think about what you want to say before you write it”. Email and social media postings are a written record of your thoughts on a matter and can be used against you later.
Communication by the Club and its members
• Should be restricted to Club matters
• Must not offend, intimidate, humiliate or bully any member
• Must not be misleading, false or injure the reputation of another person
• Should seek to protect the privacy of members
• Must not bring the Club into disrepute
• Coaches and others working with children and young people (under 18) will direct communication through parents
Any member found to have sent inappropriate electronic communication, uploaded inappropriate website content or engaged in blogs or discussions that harass, offend, intimidate or humiliate members, may face disciplinary action as outlined in our member protection policy or code of conduct.
Cyber-bullying (E.g. bullying that is carried out through an internet service such as email, a chat room, discussion group, instant messaging or web pages) under certain circumstances is a criminal offence that can be reported by victims to the police. The Club can also initiate separate action where there has been a breech of our member protection policy or code of conduct.
Members publishing false or misleading comments about another person in the public domain (E.g. Facebook or Websites) may be liable for defamation.
Reference: Play by the Rules